The Personal Information RAMPIT Collects
- Personal Information Provided Directly by You: You may provide to RAMPIT personal information such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number, etc. while using the Platform, such as when you register, when you submit Entries and/or when you provide information in order to compete to receive any Award(s).
- Automatically Collected Personal Information: When you use the Platform, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. RAMPIT may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Platform. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn about the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Platform, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Platform to their fullest potential.
- "Flash Cookies" Information: Flash and other browser plugin applications use technology similar to cookies to enable the storage and recall of settings, preferences and usage data, and other information. Because they are stored in separate software applications, these types of cookies are not managed through your web browser's cookie management interface. RAMPIT may employ such techniques, including Adobe Flash Cookies (also called "Local Shared Objects") to track information related to your interaction with features of the Platform through which Flash-based content is provided. You can access various Flash Cookie management tools and configure certain privacy and security settings for your Flash Player from Adobe's web site directly.
- "Automatically Collected" Information: When you use the Platform or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including "clear gifs" or "web beacons." This "Automatically Collected" information may include Internet Protocol address ("IP Address") or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Platform, the pages you view on the Platform, and the dates and times that you visit the Platform.
- Linked Website Information: When you link an account you may have on a third party service (such as any third party social networking site) to your Account on the Platform, RAMPIT may store the access credentials you provide and will have access to and may collect any information you may have stored in connection with that account that you have configured and those services to make available, including personal information and friends lists. By linking your accounts in this manner, you are authorizing RAMPIT as your agent to access and use your account on the third party service in connection with your use of the Platform.
- Third Party Web Beacons: We may also implement third party content on the Platform that uses "clear gifs," "web beacons," or other similar techniques, which allow the third party content provider to read and write cookies (including Flash Cookies) to your browser, or implement similar tracking mechanisms, in connection with your viewing of that third party content displayed on the Platform. This information is collected directly by the third party, and RAMPIT does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by third parties in this manner is subject to that third party's own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
The Way RAMPIT Uses Personal Information
- RAMPIT uses the information that you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Platform. We will use your email address to contact you with respect to Entries, any Award, and otherwise in connection with the Challenge, for any administrative and customer service purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues, or regarding Postings.
- RAMPIT uses all of the information that you provide or that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the Platform works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- RAMPIT may use "Automatically Collected" information and "cookies" information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit this Website; (b) provide customized third party content and information; (c) monitor and analyze the operation and effectiveness of the Platform and related activities; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and, (e) track your status in the Challenge or other activities.
- RAMPIT may use your email address or other personal information to send you: i) messages about the Platform or communications from other Users; ii) messages related to the Platform and the activities of third parties with whom we work; and, iii) messages on behalf of other Users, who think that you may be interested in the Platform. You will have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications, either through links provided in the messages, or by updating your Account settings through the Platform.
When RAMPIT Discloses Personal Information
We do not sell personal information. We do, however, disclose your personal information in a variety of circumstances in connection with developing and maintaining the Platform and operating or supporting the Challenge. For example:
- By its nature, the Platform enables Users to communicate in a variety of ways. This also applies to information you choose to make available through features that connect to third party services, if applicable. Once you make your personal information available, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction. We urge Users to exercise common sense, prudence and good judgment about what personal information to make available to others through the Platform.
- RAMPIT discloses personal information to other competitors, Lever for Change (www.leverforchange.org) and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation (www.wkkf.org) to enable your participation in, and to facilitate the operation of, the Challenge. We may also share your personal information on the Bold Solutions Network (solutions.leverforchange.org) so other potential philanthropic funders can access your information and eligibility to receive other grants. For more information about how these organizations handle your personal information, please refer to the Lever for Change and W.K. Kellogg Foundation privacy policies, available at www.leverforchange.org/privacy-policy/ and www.racialequity2030.org/wkkellogg-foundation-privacy-policy.
- RAMPIT works with third party service providers to provide general website hosting, specialized Content hosting (e.g. the hosting of video Content), maintenance, and other services. These third parties may have access to or process your personal information as a result of performing the services they were engaged to perform.
- RAMPIT may also disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary or useful to comply with applicable laws, to respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise assist or cooperate with law enforcement activity or other similar activities in connection with internal or coordinated fraud detection and prevention, and the protection or enforcement of third party rights.
- RAMPIT works to promote a safe and reliable service for all Users. We reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect RAMPIT and others from fraudulent, abusive, predatory, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to protect the security or integrity of the Platform; or to protect or vindicate the rights, property, or personal safety of RAMPIT, our Users, or others.
Retention of Personal Information
You may, of course, decline to share certain personal information with RAMPIT, in which case RAMPIT may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Platform, including but not limited to your Entry in Challenge. Please note that we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF YOUR UNIQUE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES.
We may now or in the future make certain tools and features for configuring your privacy settings available to you through the Platform, but any such features and settings we may provide do not guarantee the anonymity or confidentiality of any information, including personal information and Postings you provide or submit to the Platform.
Third Party Websites
The Platform contains links to Websites and services provided by third parties. Any personal information you provide on third party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party's policies, if any, governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party sites or services to which links are displayed on this Website. We encourage you to learn about third parties' privacy and security policies before providing them with personal information. We do not sell or share your information with online marketers.
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. For that reason, RAMPIT does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Platform is directed to persons under 18 years of age. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE PLATFORM AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If RAMPIT learns that personal information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected on the Platform without verifiable parental consent, then RAMPIT will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained a User Account on the Platform, then you may alert RAMPIT at privacy@RAMPIT.com and request that RAMPIT delete that child's personal information from its systems.
Our Commitment to Data Security
RAMPIT uses a variety of physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to improve the security of our systems and your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to RAMPIT, nor can we guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. You transfer your personal information to RAMPIT at your own risk. If RAMPIT learns of a security systems breach, then we will notify you in accordance with applicable laws so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
Access from Outside the United States
If you access the Platform from outside the United States, please be aware that your personal information may be transferred to, stored in, and processed in the United States. Certain governmental authorities may not consider the level of protection of personal information in the United States to be equivalent to that required by the in other jurisdictions.
RAMPIT Contact Information